Front Office Coordinator
Administration, Customer Service
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Location: Stoney Batter Family Medicine
Position: Front Office Coordinator
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone
- Front Office staff rotates seating on a daily basis between Check in, Check Out and other desk to answer calls from patients.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information.
- Obtain patient demographic information, copies of insurance cards, driver license, billing information and enter in computer in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Handle appointment scheduling.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing faxes, also takes care of Providers Pre- Certifications and Prior Authorizations.
- Front office staff may have to work a evening shift and or Saturday shift.
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
- Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED).
- Knowledge of office procedures and medical terminology including but not limited to administrative processes and procedures, preparing patient charts, and basic computer skills.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience: For entry level, previous office administration or receptionist experience or a minimum of one year work experience in a medical office setting.
- Skills: Telephone etiquette, customer service, basic word and excel programs, time management, team orientated, multi-tasking, organization and scheduling
- Knowledge of Allscripts EHR (is a preferred not required)
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?