Corporate Events Planner
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Aledade is looking for a Corporate Events Planner who will be a core member of the Aledade Events team. This individual will play a key role in planning and executing a range of Aledade team events, to include Aleade All Staff retreat and other team and customer facing events across the country. The ideal candidate will have experience with most aspects of event planning (In-person and Virtual) and a passion for driving Aledade’s culture through events across Aledade Nation. This position will report to Sr. Manager, Corporate Events with the Office of The President.
You’re a people person who loves to think of new ways to make a splash in the world of events. You’re a highly organized project manager who feels right at home coordinating across internal stakeholders, external vendors, and competing priorities. You’re proactive and can see issues and challenges before they arise and jump in to address them. You are creative and enjoy going above and beyond to make events magical and memorable for attendees. You have meticulous attention to detail and solid customer service skills. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves, and no task is too big or small to help make Aledade’s events a success.
This position is located in our Bethesda, Maryland headquarters and offers a hybrid work environment (working in-office and remotely a few days a week). Candidates must live in Bethesda or its surrounding areas to be considered.
As an Events Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the planning of various Aledade events throughout the year including All Staff Retreats, networking and milestone events, team retreats and trainings, user events for our customers, and more
- Working directly with a range of vendors and external stakeholders (swag, supplies, A/V, etc.)
- Coordinating communications to teams and company leaders about key events
- Assisting with a range of logistical duties to ensure events run smoothly, such as setting up registration processes, designing name badges, selecting and ordering swag items, setting up and breaking down pre and post event, and much more
- Preparing financial reports and managing events budgets
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Developing and executing against project plans and providing updates to the planning team, business units, and stakeholders
- Researching event venues, accommodations and catering offerings and making recommendations on next steps
- Partnering with technical teams to develop best hybrid capability into meetings
- Additional project-based work as assigned that will allow for exposure to different parts of the company and contribute toward Aledade's mission
- Supporting the Events Lead as needed to execute on the vision for each event to ensure success
What We Value:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of direct experience supporting events in a corporate or nonprofit setting
- Excited to join a fast-paced startup with significant opportunity for growth and shadow/learn from a seasoned Event Planning Lead
- Comfortable tackling challenges with a high level of autonomy
- Highly organized and proactive in raising questions around clarity, prioritization, blockers, and other points to drive assigned tasks forward
- A collaborative team player with a roll-up your sleeves mentality
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated to produce work that meets high standards
- Must be able to work out of Aledade’s downtown Bethesda office and travel to plan and attend corporate events in person as needed
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?