Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Woodsville
Grafton County, NH, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Location: Ammonoosuc Community Health Services
Position: Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Woodsville
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician or Mid-Level Provider.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a professional clinical environment. This role will constantly interact with other people and routinely need to handle several responsibilities at once. This role uses constantly uses standard clinical tools and supplies (i.e. stethoscope, blood pressure meters, hemoglobin machines, autoclave, syringes, vaccines, glucometers, ear scopes). This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear and speak. A great deal of the professional day is spent walking, standing, moving, and manipulating equipment, as well as lifting and moving objects, equipment and supplies. The employee frequently is required to use hands to palpate, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and repetitive key board motion. In the performance of certain patient care tasks, the Medical Assistant may be expected to have sufficient manual dexterity in order to safely perform various skills and techniques. The employee is required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and peripheral vision. It is anticipated lifting 20-25 pounds in any given day. Lifting to 50 pounds may occasionally be required, depending on the type of care provided.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Should demonstrate strong oral communication skills. Must have basic experience/knowledge of computer systems and programs. Must be organized, self motivated and have the ability to perform many office tasks. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, and records information in patient's EMR.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to provider as directed.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Performs venipunctures, routine lab tests, injections and ear lavage, etc.
- Depending on site placement, may be responsible for scheduling appointments, keeping x-ray and other medical records, performing secretarial tasks and completing insurance forms.
- May have to perform tele-triage in the collection of information to be relayed to providers, demonstrating knowledge of computer triage template and its use.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment in management of patient questions and/or complaints.
- Must have insurance knowledge re: referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Attends and participates in staff/team meetings.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- 1 – 2 years direct experience
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES REQUIREMENTS:
- A license or certification from an accredited Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse Program is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Ammonoosuc Community Health Services is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?