Director Commercial Payer Performance, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Aledade is actively recruiting for a Director of Commercial Payer Performance. This senior leader will be accountable for driving performance strategy and contract operations in Aledade’s national portfolio of value-based contracts across Commercial lines of business (<65 years old, non-Medicaid). This portfolio spans over 1 million patients and a national network of independent PCPs. The Director will be a single-threaded owner of strategy and operations for this portfolio.
As a proven leader of value based care in Commercial arrangements, the Director will develop and execute performance strategy across Aledade’s provider network and internal teams to achieve successful outcomes. In addition, this role will establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with payer partners to reach mutually defined quality and cost goals. This role requires demonstrated excellence in creating “buy-in” with internal and external stakeholders to promote and affect change in the way healthcare is delivered. We are looking for individuals who genuinely believe that Aledade’s model of physician-led ACOs can improve quality and lower cost for patients in Commercial value-based arrangements.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the US.
- Develop and implement best in class template for strategy and operations for our Commercial value based contracts to drive successful outcomes across Aledade’s provider network
- Serve as the subject matter expert of each contract; able to translate contract terms into actionable approaches to achieve savings
- Analyze ACO data to pinpoint greatest areas for cost and quality interventions
- Work alongside and support Aledade’s field teams to prioritize and integrate key initiatives
- Collaborate across Aledade teams, including Product, Business Development, and Strategic Partnerships to advance Aledade’s payer strategy at the market level
- Develop tracking tools and metrics for monitoring progress for each contract and across the portfolio of contracts
- Synthesize performance status including key successes and challenges by contract and report to leadership and other stakeholders
- Manage and mentor Performance Managers and Analysts on Commercial Performance team
- Perform all other duties and special projects as requested by Aledade’s Provider Network leadership team.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years experience in the healthcare industry. Ideal candidates will have a combination of senior-level experience and expertise in health care strategy, health plans, business development, management consulting, health care finance, and provider or payer operations.
- Preferred: A Master’s degree or other advanced degrees in health services research, health policy, mathematics/statistics, information technology, or other relevant fields.
- Candidate should have a deep understanding of the Commercial payor landscape and value-based care, ideally across health plan and provider strategy and operations.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with clinical and operational colleagues across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and balance achieving near-term results while building and scaling long-term
- Passion for achieving health equity as foundational to the development of strategies and initiatives
- Expert understanding of quality measure specifications and related policy
- Ability to lead by influence to engage colleagues and lead teams cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communicator including laying out complex and abstract concepts clearly and succinctly including presenting key tradeoffs and recommendations to senior leaders, such as balancing program effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Experience in fostering networks internally and externally
- Demonstrated commitment to Aledade’s mission of serving independent primary care practices, their patients, and society.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?