Certified Medical Assistant
Moose Lake, MN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Location: Gateway Family Health Clinic, Ltd., Moose Lake/Sandstone, MN
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
General Description: To assist the provider in all aspects of the clinical practice, including but not limited to: rooming patients, assisting with office procedures, performing necessary clerical functions to assist with the processing of patient’s medical information. To perform all functions in a dependable, caring, professional and knowledgeable manner.
Organizational Expectations: Understands, communicates, and follows the mission, vision and values of the clinic. Works cooperatively with clinic staff as part of a team environment. Prioritizes patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction in the delivery of work duties and responsibilities.
Work experience Requirements: Experience preferred in a healthcare, medical office environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified Medical Assistant.
- CPR Certified or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Physical Requirements/Exposure potential:
- Able to bend, twist, and lift up to 25 pounds of weight. Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position, including assisting with lifting patients onto exam tables, procedure tables and in radiology.
- Regular exposure to blood, body fluids, waste products. Use of appropriate protection measures and universal precautions when engaged in these tasks. Requires BBP Training.
- Prepare exam rooms for provider and patient use.
- Proficient, timely, accurate documentation in the EMR.
- Room patients, check vitals, allergies, med list verification and a brief history of what patient is being seen for; along with other documentation as required.
- Proper use and cleaning / autoclaving of equipment and instruments.
- Administer injections, immunizations and allergy shots.
- Perform EKG, PFT, Tympanogram, Nebulizer Treatments, ear washes, dressing change, Cardiac Monitor applications and multiple other nursing procedures. Setup and assist with various office procedures as requested by provider.
- Completion of work comp, disability forms, prior authorizations, DME’s, etc.
- Schedule outside tests for patients / specialist consults / complete needed referrals in EMR.
- Fax/call pharmacies and assist with patient prescription needs.
- Monitor supplies and inventory to assure exam and procedure rooms are equipped and to assist with efficient ordering.
- Monitor pharmaceuticals and vaccines to assure timely patient care and to assist with efficient ordering.
- Answer telephone calls and portal messages regarding patient medical inquiries, work with provider, and respond to patient in a timely and courteous manner with proper documentation in EMR.
- Educate patients in a courteous manner with regards to proper collection of specimens, proper diet for accurate test results, distribute proper preps for various exams, procedures and tests.
- Prioritize daily activities to best assist provider and assure efficient use of staff time.
- Maintain confidentiality as a priority.
- Nursing staff that have received radiology certification are required to perform x-rays at specific clinic sites.
- Duties may require phlebotomy and performing specific waived laboratory procedures at specific clinic sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?