Registered Dental Hygienist
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Registered Dental Hygienist
Definition: The Hygienist provides the highest level of quality primary dental care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients in a community health care setting. The standard of care includes preventative health services, and appropriate referrals to specialists.
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients
Incumbent must have proper immunizations including COVID-19.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Certification from an ADA accredited school of dental hygiene
- Must have a Delaware Dental Hygienist license
- Proven understanding of dental methods and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Attention to detail, well organized and reliable
- Experience with Dentrix preferred
- Reviewing a patient’s dental history
- Screening patients during checkups
- Recommending care to improve a patient’s oral health
- Teaching patients about proper tooth cleaning techniques
- Performing preventative dental care
- Applying fluoride treatments
- Taking X-rays and reviewing them for signs of dental diseases
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed
- Provide oral hygiene and post-procedure instructions
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.