Patient Care Coordinator
Grass Valley, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Location: Sierra Care Physicians
Position: Patient Care Coordinator
Under medical provider, RN, or LVN direction, and operating within the scope of practice as a patient care coordinator, provides nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. This includes routine office procedures, testing, and miscellaneous duties indirectly involved in patient care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Has basic CPR certificate and recertifies CPR bi-annually. /\ware of crash cart location and able to participate in a code CPR by providing basic life support the scope of practice. Aware of and practices infection control techniques in accordance with OSHA standards. Uses universal precautions, utilizes good safety precautions, and is able too in1plement fire evacuation plan.
Human Relations Skills: Patient relation skills, including ability to inform and instruct. Regular contact with physicians, support staff and other Clinics.
Typical Problem Solving: Solving problems related to patient flow, using knowledge to answer questions, which arise from patients and ensuring their needs are met. Must be thorough and accurate in all functions. Errors could directly affect patient's health. Substandard performance could affect the practice, patient satisfaction, and organization's reputation. If error occurs employee is responsible to inform provider immediately. Improper care could also result in malpractice lawsuits.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of approved MA program or equivalent experience with direct patient contact as an Office Assistant. Current MA Certificate and current CPR certification. Good con1munication skills, well groomed appearance, courteous, with a pleasant and professional manner. Ability to prioritize and follow through on a variety of situations as necessary.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Provides direct patient care; collect and record accurate patient data; height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and chief complaint. Prepares patient for exam or procedure and provides appropriate assistance and resources.
- Assists provider during procedures, which may include administering treatments, such as irrigation, dressing changes, and specimen collection. Uses knowledge of and practices sterile technique and universal precautions. Ensures specimens are labeled correctly and are delivered within appropriate ti1nc for testing.
- Ensures accurate medication is administered in the correct fon11 and dosage via im111w1izations, injections and other oral n1edications to limnits of certification and/or utilizes resources available for medication administration. All i1nn11.1nizations, injections and other oral medications must be verified and signed off by licensed staff
- Documents all pertinent information in patient's chart, including information and instructions given to patient or date related to test results, procedures, and medications under physicians' orders.
- Gives information as authorized by the provider. Answers patient questions that are not related to care.
- Coordinates patient flow within the clinic and troubleshoots problems, including ensuring emergent patients are able to see provider, and communicating pertinent information to provider. Maintains patient flow for the provider by rooming and taking vitals in a timely manner.
- Responsible for alerting provider of any potential emergent problems and notifies care provider as necessary. Follows clinic procedures in case of emergency and is knowledgeable and able to perform CPR, and function effectively in a code situation.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to maintain quality care and efficient patient flow for the clinic. May include maintaining and caring for equipment, ordering and stocking supplies, answering patient calls and scheduling as needed for new, follow-up and consult appointments insuring appropriate forms, authorizations and consents are utilized.
- Provides emotional support to patients and families that are experiencing difficulty and notifies provider of any special problems or concerns.
- Assists care providers during procedures, which may include administering immunizations, injections, dressing changes and specimen collections. Uses knowledge of and practices sterile techniques and universal precautions during all procedures.
- Den1onstrates appropriate use of verbal and non-verbal communication techniques in dealing with patients, i.e. direct questions, silence and touch.
- Uses appropriate tools to communicate with care providers and other staff, i.e. telephone, intercom, In/Out/Action boxes, and EMR computer system.
- Maintains confidentiality as per HIPPA standards, of all patients, their family, health care providers, and other staff information. Only discusses patient information when pertinent to care and only with appropriate personnel.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.