Findlay, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Location: Findlay Family Practice
Position: Medical Assistant
We are seeking an experienced Medical Assistant that will work one on one with our dynamic physicians. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting providers with patient care, chart management, scheduling appointments, assisting with in office procedures, point of care testing, immunizations, referrals, prior authorizations; other duties may include assisting the front desk with clerical duties when needed. Must have clinical experience, professional appearance, provide patient-centered care, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Medical specialties: Primary Care
Experience: EMR systems 1 year (Preferred), Family Practice 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: BLS Certification (Preferred) , Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Understands and complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls; and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain sanitation; sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: prior authorizations; follow-up regarding transition of care; calling patients to ensure that they complete their annual wellness visits, screenings and testing; effective communication relating to patients and/or staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.