Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Dental Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Dentist, the dental assistant will assist the dental provider within the scope of practice in the delivery of dental services. The dental assistant will also be cross-trained to perform front desk and scheduling functions of the dental office.
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Qualifications: The Dental Assistant must have successfully completed dental assistant training at a college or technical institute and must be DANB and radiation tech certified. Must have 3 or more years’ experience.
Working Conditions: This is an hourly position and the incumbent is regularly scheduled to work Thirty-two (32) hours per week, Monday through Thursday 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Employee has direct exposure to blood or body fluids, infectious diseases, puncture wounds and workplace violence. Use of gloves, gowns, masks and goggles required as stated in standard procedures.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income – if applicable.)
- Remind caller to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
- Remind caller of cancellation/no show policy.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the Health Center:
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgement in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- Service patients:
- Make reminder calls.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments.
- Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
- Assist in diagnostic, restorative, prosthodontic, endodontic, periodontic, oral surgery and surgery and any other procedures, as allowed by Delaware
- Be current in basic life support
- Participate as needed, in Quality Improvement
- Be current in basic life support
- Be courteous and professional at all times with patients and co-workers, especially when giving instructions to patients before, during and after dental
- Ensure that patient information is kept HIPPA
- Sterilize instruments, expose and duplicate x-rays, place temporary restorations, take impressions, perform coronal polish and give fluoride
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies for the dental
- Be x-ray certified and maintain certification at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Cordial and professional demeanor in dealing with staff, patients and visitors. All persons are greeted with either "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" or "Good Evening" followed by the person's name and then asking them "How are you feeling today?"
- Provides a progress note o n chief complaint, vital signs, in-house lab results and has each patient dressed appropriately to be examined.
- Has all relevant information produced since patient's last visit in the proper place in the chart so that the patient visit is completed in a highly efficient manner.
- Places all discarded materials (e.g. used gowns, table top covers, etc) in trash receptacles and prepares operatory prior to the next patient being seen.
- Ensures an adequate amount of supplies are in place for daily use.
- Refrains from transmitting any personal information (health related or otherwise) on any patient.
- Telephones are answered by stating who you are and asking "How can I help you?” no later than the third ring. Messages are given to the provider staff in accordance with the procedure requested by that provider.
- Performs any legitimate task not otherwise listed in this job description when requested to do so by the Dentist, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer or any other member of the senior leadership team.
- Must maintain their own certification status at all times.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provider satisfaction
- Patient satisfaction
- Excellent customer service
- Be prepared and be ready to assist the dental provider at all
- Be courteous and professional at all times with patients and co-workers.
- Perform all duties listed in the responsibilities section, and those assigned by the dentist
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.