Population Health Nurse
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Population Health Nurse
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, the incumbent assists in the development, implementation, education, support and adoption of clinical information systems and related technology to optimize care delivery, care quality, usability and efficiency for nurses, providers and ancillary clinical departments. This position is permitted to be worked remotely
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Qualifications: The incumbent is a licensed RN or BSN degree in the state of Delaware and have 3-5 years of experience in a clinical or community health setting, and two years of experience implementing or optimizing clinical systems and technology.
Working Conditions: This is a salaried position. The Population Health Nurse is expected to work a scheduled 40-hour work week which runs from Monday through Friday 8:00M – 5:00PM daily.
- Evaluate and optimize clinical software utilizing established standards and protocols incorporating end user feedback.
- Work with subject matter experts to gather specifications for the purchase, development and installation of clinical systems.
- Evaluate and implement user requests for special enhancements to clinical systems and develop solutions.
- Analyze and document workflows that involve complicated clinical and technical exchanges.
- Research, document and facilitate resolution to issues reported by end-users.
- Test clinical software per guidelines and develop test scenarios.
- Asks how users are progressing with their use of clinical applications and develop optimization/training to further develop user proficiency, adoption and satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing end-user support and training in the clinical information systems applications via one-on-one training, group training sessions and remotely if necessary.
- Develop and maintain systems’ role-based training materials, assessments, curriculum and competencies.
- Propose improvements to existing workflows based on identified challenges, best practices and industry standards, and collaborate with key staff members to redesign workflows based on these recommendations.
- Facilitates clinician EHR efficiency through personalization/customization of EHR workspace.
- Trains providers, nurses and other clinical staff on hospital clinical systems and mobile clinical applications.
- Provides analysis of issues and concerns, submits break-fix enhancement and optimization tickets and monitors to see that actions are taken. Escalates tickets as needed. Follows up on trouble calls to ensure problem resolution was complete and satisfactory to user.
- Is open to change and different approaches to completing work. Recommends new approaches to solving operational problems, issues or concerns.
- Re-educates clinicians on problematic EHR workflows.
- Considers and recommends Clinical Decision Support solutions and other informatics solutions to help achieve goals for optimization.
- Identifies and eliminates barriers/obstacles to clinical EHR adoption and use.
- Documents issues arising during testing and manages resolution.
- Coordinates installation and upgrade activities of EHR and other applications
- Leads/participates in multi-disciplinary local and enterprise informatics projects.
- Identifies and promptly reports any changes and deviations to original project scope and project plans, including the need for resources or roadblock management.
- Maintains appropriate project documentation, flow charts, diagrams, meeting minutes and decisions to facilitate collaboration and support. Timely presentation of reports due, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with informatics colleagues, departmental managers, IS professionals and nurses, providers and other clinicians throughout the organization.
- Supports implementation of clinical information systems and promotes clinical end-user adoption. Inherent in this position is the transformation of care through systems and processes to achieve improvements in quality, safety, efficiency, and service across the continuum of care.
- Success in this role is a function of the individual’s ability to build relationships, drive clinical transformation strategies, and apply healthcare informatics; towards benefits realization of the systems implemented.
- Must be an EHR Super-user and demonstrates continued interest in developing own knowledge and skills in clinical informatics via practice, observation, professional literature, networking, membership in informatics professional organizations, and attending continuing education programs.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provider Satisfaction
- Patient Satisfaction
- Patient Census
- Adherence to the HJMC attendance policy. Late arrival, early departure, missed clock-ins or clock-outs, including for lunch and breaks may have a negative impact on your performance.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.