Senior Vice President of Payer Value Strategy (Remote)
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
As the Senior Vice President of Payer Value Strategy within the Strategic Payer Partnerships Team, you will lead and execute Aledade’s national Commercial, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid contracting strategy, and oversee the development of new initiatives to enhance payer value and alignment for primary care providers shifting into value-based care. This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer. We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely within the US with considerable amounts of travel.
- Lead the company’s payer contracting strategy and team members, and actively pursue and drive the development and execution of agreements across Medicare Advantage, commercial insurance and Medicaid, on behalf of independent primary care practices.
- Oversee the development of short and long term cross-payer strategies, such as: broker services, health plan marketing, benefit design integration, high-value network offerings, health plan value-reporting and regional, multi-payer initiatives.
- Maximize efficiency and standardization of the payer contracting and valuation process for the company by establishing internal contract valuation and reporting methodologies to assess current and future total contract value and relative risk by line of business.
- Manage the teams responsible for executing and negotiating complex commercial agreements with health plans, evaluating contract economics, and developing creative growth strategies. This includes setting performance goals, supporting career development, evaluating performance, managing workflows, etc.
Thought Leadership & Reporting:
- Advise senior leadership and other enterprise-wide stakeholders on payer strategy, positioning, emerging trends, contracting methodologies and risk assessment and act as a strategic thought leader and partner for internal and external stakeholders
- A Master’s Degree in Health Care, Public Health or Business Administration is preferred.
- 15+ years related experience in a managed care payer environment with a minimum of 10 years management or leadership experience in value-based care.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Prior experience as a thought leader and participation on industry panels
- In-depth knowledge of the payer market including commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Strong, results-oriented leadership ability in a fast paced, matrix organization.
- Strong financial and operational acumen and understanding of profitability drivers and medical cost trends that drive gains and losses across risk pools.
- Ability to recognize and execute on growth opportunities across payers and markets and adapt business development and contracting approaches, as needed.
- Proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing customer relationships and communicating effectively with senior management.
- Passionate about driving the shift from fee-for-service to value based care.
- Track record of leading teams through “white space” strategic issues, developing frameworks that guide teams to solutions, and implementing those solutions.
- Ability to think beyond your immediate team and contribute to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in DE&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.).
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
- Ability to travel 10-25%
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.