Silver Spring, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Location: Nakul Goyal MD, PA
Position: Medical Assistant
We are looking for a reliable, multitasker and friendly Medical Assistant to join our team.
- Responsible for clinic patient flow, informing physicians of patients’ arrival and room assignment.
- Accompanies and/or assists patients in the exam room in a professional manner.
- Obtains patient vital signs, including height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration. Pulse oximetry if needed.
- Able to perform using manual equipment and Welch Allen spot vital sign machine and import results to electronic medical record in a timely fashion.
- Assist physicians during examinations and procedures as needed
- May be required to take patient medical history if applicable per department.
- May perform a variety of testing, diagnostic, and screening procedures: including but not limited to strep test, flu test, rapid Covid, Covid PCR, HA1C, EKG, Spirometry.
- Assists in explaining test procedures to patients.
- Administer vaccine to patients per doctor order and determining that patient is eligible for vaccine.
- Medical terminology and some medication knowledge is preferable.
- Addressing patient issues with the patient themselves or another facility, as well as documenting in the EMR.
- Clean and stock patient exam rooms. Let supervisor know when supplies need to be ordered and notifying supervisor when equipment is not working properly.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.