Program Manager, Pharmacy, Remote
El Paso, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Aledade Care Solutions provides a suite of clinical programs, one of which is our Pharmacy program which provides partner practices with patient outreach services to deliver pharmacy services.
We are searching for a Program Manager to join the team! This role will initially focus on supporting and scaling our medication adherence program, enhancing existing systems and building improved processes for a strong operational foundation. This role will also play a large role in advancing the program to one which delivers comprehensive value-based pharmacy services that best serve our partner practices and Aledade business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy: Lead and design execution of future pharmacy services. We are building new interventions to enhance our pharmacy services, which means this role will include innovation, incubation, and development of new programs. You will:
- Partner with the clinical program advisor to define, document, and spread field adoption of the clinical model.
- Manage the financial analysis to determine the economic model for new programs, and to shape the rollout plan (i.e., phasing of markets, ACOs, and practices)
- Manage the ongoing vendor relationship(s) including supporting and defining the partnership scope and term sheet, contracting, and operational rollout of the program
- Budget for necessary staff and resources for new programs.
- Advance conversations on the right go-to-market approach for any program you own, whether buying an asset, building in house, or partnering with another company
- Shape the Pharmacy Strategy, ACS partnership model, and the way in which ACS/Aledade executes and scales pilots into transformation initiatives available across the Aledade network
- Use scalable processes and approaches that enable others in the Program Management Office (PMO)
Operations: Lead cross-functional team to define and operate the end-to-end Medication Adherence program. You will lead primarily through influence rather than direct authority, including:
- Working with and through the practice engagement team to ensure that program developments and operational improvements for new and existing programs are built in a way that complements Aledade practices’ clinical models and ensures uptake
- Working with performance and practice adoption teams to ensure that the field team is effectively prepared to rollout program to our practices
- Designing dashboards, metrics, and ad-hoc reporting with the business intelligence team for tracking program performance and anticipating and resolving bottlenecks
- Defining algorithms for patient identification and prioritization with the impact analytics team
- Ensuring legal compliance and a high ethical standard in partnership with the legal and compliance teams
- Working closely with the product team to define the patient experience, practice experience, the ACS outreach staff experience, and develop the product that enables that experience
- Working across stakeholders to develop a proof of concept (i.e., pilot) for any new interventions
- As relevant, working with external partners to deliver program goals
Execution: Own project management for existing medication adherence workstreams. You will be the leadership’s team key point person representing ACS to the Aledade Performance team and will be expected to:
- Own the cadence of meetings and deliverables for the ACS stakeholders, including setting priorities and deadlines, and tracking against a broader project plan. Reassess and implement organizational and meetings structure to best coordinate work and deliver results.
- “Manage up,” flagging when programs face major risks or challenges that need attention, resources, or other mitigation steps. When executive decision-making is required, prepare recommendations and drive towards resolution.
- Communicate with a broad range of stakeholders on a regular basis, including members of the program team as well as senior management of ACS and Aledade, adapting your voice and content as appropriate for each audience.
- Become a SME in our ACS Pharmacy Program for the rest of Aledade
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to distill “heart of the problem” into actionable priorities and recommended work plans.
- Experience navigating complex organizations (ideally in a healthcare setting)
- Experience working directly with clinicians and patients
- Poise, confidence, and maturity interacting with key stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Highly efficient and independent in managing multiple concurrent diverse tasks and projects
- Experience managing the structure and day-to-day processes of program workgroups
- Ability to delegate where appropriate (holding owners accountable, anticipating roadblocks early in the process and working to remove them)
- Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
- Strong project management discipline
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in planning and executing tasks
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Ability to use independent judgment and work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience and a high level of ownership
- Advanced facility with common office software tools (such as Google Suite) and ability to quickly learn others (such as Monday.com)
- Facility leveraging data for decision-making: using data to validate/invalidate assumptions and prioritize where to invest resources.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Program or Project Management certification preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience preferred (ideally in consulting or project management roles with experience executing a project end to end)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.