Authorization Referrals Specialist
Modesto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Location: Orangeburg Medical Group
Position: Authorization Referrals Specialist
Employment Type: A full time position; Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
A successful candidate will report directly to the manager and medical assistant supervisor. This position communicates directly with providers and clinical staff as necessary to obtain pertinent information and acts as the point of contact for authorization process. The ideal candidate will obtain authorization for appropriate reimbursement for services provided in office or authorization obtained for outside facility/hospital/radiology procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs communication to obtain authorization for medication, office procedures, and specialty care
- Interfaces with providers/office staff
- Provides direct support regarding authorization, and referral activities.
- Updates patient demographics and insurance as needed.
- Access website to obtain authorization.
- Knowledge with ICD-10 and CPT and HCPC coding
- Medical terminology
- Insurance knowledge experience (Medicare, PPO, HMO)
- Excellent computer skills
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Requirements / Preferences:
- Authorization/Referral experience preferred
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Must be detailed oriented
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding and CPT Coding
- Able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Requires in depth knowledge of benefits and authorizations
- Proficient use of standard computer programs for data entry and data organization
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision (Voluntary)
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.