Director, Payer Contracting (Commercial)
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
The Director, Commercial Contracting on the Strategic Payer Partnerships team will execute Aledade’s commercial value-based care contracts with national and regional health plans as we help primary care providers shift into value-based care. The role will be focused on negotiating value-based care contracts with health plans for their commercially insured members (not those covered by Medicare Advantage or Medicaid). This role will report to the VP, Commercial Contracting.
The Director will also actively promote a culture that aligns with Aledade and team values, and will coach and mentor other team members. We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely with considerable amounts of travel.
- Negotiate commercial value-based care contracts with prospective payer partners, which may include: reading contracts, setting contract terms, tracking deliverables, interfacing with internal teams, compiling data and executing value-based care contracts for commercial members/patients
- Track and report on ongoing payer discussions as well as key contract metrics such as renewal dates
- Support the VP’s efforts to qualify and source market growth and expansion for multi-year risk arrangements
- Proactively engage with payer partners in advance of renewals and scheduled renegotiations to improve contract terms
- Develop a deep knowledge of Aledade’s existing Commercial contract terms, and hold responsibility for new and historical contracts
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and team members within Aledade and at payer partners
- 12+ years in healthcare with health plans or provider groups working on contract negotiations within value-based care
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Results-oriented with the ability to exercise influence to achieve goals rather than control
- Proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing relationships and communicating effectively with senior management
- Passionate about driving the shift from fee-for-service to value based care
- Master’s degree or other advanced degrees in management, health services research, health and/or public policy, or other relevant fields is preferred.
- Expert sales, business development, growth professional at local and national level
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.