EHR Specialist, Remote
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist, will play a key role in optimizing EHR solutions that enable Aledade’s partner practices to improve patient outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, and increase efficiency.
The EHR Specialist will collaborate with practice stakeholders along with the multi-disciplinary Aledade team to identify, develop, and implement EHR solutions to support strategic ACO initiatives. Additionally, this role will facilitate the collection of practice-generated data that can be used for population-based analytics.
They will have depth of knowledge in at least one top-tier ambulatory EHR solution, have a strong understanding of practice workflow, and be able to travel periodically. The EHR Specialist must thrive in a fast-paced environment, respond well to change, and be a strong verbal and written communicator.
Candidates should be comfortable working remotely/work from home anywhere within the US.
Responsibilities of the EHR Specialist include:
Lead EHR Optimization efforts for assigned practice panel:
- Coordinate efforts to conduct assessments of how practices are currently utilizing their EHR systems and identify areas where their systems can be optimized to support ACO initiatives
- Assist practices to fully leverage their existing EHR systems to support strategic ACO initiatives.
- Serve as a core team member in onboarding new ACO practices
- Support practices with MIPS compliance
Provide EHR expertise:
- Identify common approaches, such as templates or customized reports that practices can use to achieve specific aims, such as Medicare Wellness Visits, Transitions of Care, Advance Care Planning, or Risk/Hierarchical Condition Categories
- Identify existing or develop new educational materials that can assist practice staff in understanding how best to utilize their EHR system
- Understand relevant EHR vendor system updates specifically related to population health management
Facilitate data exchange:
- Assist practices in ensuring data is properly captured in their EHR systems in order to accurately generate quality measure and other reporting
- Ensure practices are able to share practice-generated data with Aledade
- Assist with development of integrations, interfaces, and data sharing strategies for assigned practices
- Independently manage multiple projects at various stages to provide Aledade’s tools and train practice staff on patient-centric, value based workflows
- Communicate project progress effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Present to audiences ranging from practice leadership/executives to front line staff, influencing adoption of best practices and materials that orient to Aledade’s service
- Proficiently deliver detailed but concise training content on complex material to multiple client stakeholders
- 4-6 years experience working as a client-facing project lead in the healthcare industry (i.e., ambulatory practice, EHR vendor, health plan, hospital, government, management consulting) with a proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing customer relationships and optimization of their EHR systems
- Must have previous implementation or optimization experience with top-tier ambulatory EHRs and practice management software, preferably with expertise in Epic Ambulatory, NextGen, Athena, Greenway, or eClinicalWorks products
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Significant and relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirements may be accepted.
- Relevant competencies include developing and maintaining relationships with all team members, organizational skills, project management, critical thinking, problem solving, attention to detail, and effective written and verbal communication
- Must be self motivated and open to learn new EHR platforms/workflows
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.