Medical Assistant- Primary Care Clinic
Missoula, MT, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Location: Missoula, MT
Position: Medical Assistant- Primary Care Clinic
Who is Greater Good Health?
Across the United States, the 65+ population continues to increase rapidly while the number of physicians focused on primary care is declining significantly. In fact, it is expected that the shortage of PCPs will reach over 120,000 by 2030. To meet the needs of an aging population and combat declining access to care, Greater Good Health is opening three nurse practitioner-led primary care clinics in Montana. Our clinics will be serving the communities of Billings, Great Falls, and Missoula.
Our mission is to expand access to whole-person, value-based primary care for Medicare beneficiaries through a Nurse Practitioner-led care model. In Montana, we have an incredible opportunity to address significant healthcare access concerns and support seniors desperately in need of senior-focused, preventive care. To be successful in opening our clinics in Montana, we’re seeking individuals that are energetic, friendly, and passionate about delivering the best experience to our senior population to help us achieve our mission. We can't wait to meet you!
What will you do as a Medical Assistant?
Reporting directly to Greater Good Health’s Clinic Administrator, the Medical Assistant will lead patient care for GGH’s primary care clinics. This role will be responsible for delivering an exceptional patient experience by working closely with the Nurse Practitioner to provide holistic, high touch, coordinated care for a panel of senior patients.
- Deliver exceptional clinical care to patients and support functions related to patient care activities.
- Actively engage and manage patient panels in partnership with the Nurse Practitioner, act as an extension of the Nurse Practitioners to support delivery of high-touch, quality care.
- Ensure efficient clinic flow by rooming patients in a timely manner and assisting the provider with staying on schedule.
- Conduct visit activities such as taking vitals, performing screenings, recording histories, and preparing patients for examination.
- Support post-visit activities; facilitate referral completion, patient care coordination activities, and conduct follow-up outreach to patients as appropriate,
- Promote clinical and safety standards to drive high-quality care for patients.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures.
- Prepare, clean, and maintain instruments and equipment in the exam room and laboratory.
- Build a strong culture and foster community within our four walls to create a premier patient and teammate experience.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of initial Medical Assistant onboarding program
- 3+ years' experience as a Medical Assistant
- Primary Care experience is a plus
- 1+ year of Phlebotomy experience
- Current Registered Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) or Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) ASCP certification (Preferred)
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association (Preferred)
- 6+ months of laboratory experience (Preferred)
What’s in it for you here at Greater Good Health?
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus incentives
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- 401K program
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement
- Wellness Resources - Calm App, JOON monthly wellness reimbursement, BetterHelp, Quarterly Wellness Events
Email your resume to email@example.com
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.