Westlake, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Location: Premier Physicians Centers. Inc.
Position: Nurse Practitioner
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices. This role will include rounding at a few local hospitals.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Current State RN license.
EDUCATION: BSN, MSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus two years of nurse practitioner experience
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Equipment/Tools or special clothing required to perform job: 1. Medical Equipment
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Sutures minor lacerations. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
- Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Posts tests and examination results.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assists with seeing patients from the clinical side as well as the research side.
- Responsible for processing all required documentation.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/ maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/ maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.