Director, Practice Accounting & Revenue, Remote
Accounting & Finance
Norfolk, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care.
We are searching for a Director, Practice Accounting & Revenue to join the team! This team member will provide oversight and guidance to multiple primary care partner practices on various components of their financial & revenue cycle operations and oversees the team that supports these functions.
- Prepare, audit and maintain the monthly accounting statements, productivity and financial reports for assigned Aledade partner practices with the highest level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Establish and maintain a well-qualified staff accountant and revenue cycle team to support the growing needs of the department.
- Develop & monitor industry standard KPIs related to financial performance for similarly sized private primary care practices.
- Proactively work with each practice’s leadership to establish and prioritize strategic financial goals in alignment with strategic operational goals.
- Prepare practice level proformas and other budget forecasting models as requested.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for internal leadership and Aledade partner practices on finance, accounting and revenue cycle operations, best practices, and related topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting/Finance required
- Master’s Degree (MPA, MHA, MBA) preferred
- CPA Certification preferred
- 12+ years of cash-basis healthcare accounting experience required
- 5+ years of fee for service revenue cycle management experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Recent experience overseeing financials of small to mid-sized independent medical practices.
- Proven history of strong leadership and coaching skills delivered both in person and virtually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a tactful sensitivity to the audience and content being delivered
- Demonstrated ability, competency, and passion to work effectively with healthcare providers and medical practice management staff
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills with an attention to detail
- Sitting at a desk, desktop keyboarding
- Travel to partner practices for onsite meetings
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.