Regional Medical Director, Remote
Kent, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
As a Regional Medical Director, you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships and impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice and patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. This role will inflect and implement Aledade’s programs and technologies and learn what really “moves the needle” in terms of delivering quality health outcomes while reducing overall cost for the assigned ACOs. This role requires demonstrated excellence in creating buy-in with internal and external stakeholders to promote and affect change in the way healthcare is delivered. We are looking for individuals who genuinely believe that Aledade’s model of physician-led ACOs can improve quality and lower cost. As a Regional Medical Director, you will support practices across the United States.
- Lead clinical engagement in each ACO served, partnering with the Executive Director to drive performance improvement in value-based care within each Aledade partner practice.
- Engage and motivate physicians and practices to achieve meaningful quality improvements and reduce health care utilization.
- Conduct clinical calls to foster relationships with physicians and staff, identify and disseminate best practices, dig into clinical workflows, troubleshoot challenging individual patients and brainstorm solutions.
- Provide coaching, skill building and mentorship to Aledade primary care practices to optimize management of patients in their care.
- Participate in ACO Board Meetings.
- Assess areas of greatest opportunity with ACO practices and identify areas for potential changes, enhancements, or new programs.
- Coach and mentor Local Medical Directors to expand influence, meet regularly with each Local Medical Director in your region to troubleshoot practice problems and issues and provide strategic direction and support.
- Promote value-based clinical strategy by supporting Aledade products and lending clinical perspective to strategy discussions, including selection and prioritization of Aledade-wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with our field, tech, and product team to optimize initiatives and drive improvements across the ACOs.
- Spread best practices and sponsor provider collaboration.
- Work closely with ACO teams to develop intervention plans and review KPIs.
- Collaborate across Aledade’s network of Medical Directors to share achievements and seek counsel.
- Assist in building strategic partnerships.
- As Aledade’s clinical champions, promote customer satisfaction within assigned ACOs.
- Assist with regional recruitment of top practices for ACO expansion.
- Stay at the forefront of value-based care to gain new ideas.
- You are a population-health minded physician who is board certified in primary care (family medicine, general internal medicine, geriatric medicine, general pediatrics, combined internal medicine/peds).
- You are empathetic and bold, unafraid to pursue the mission of Aledade and skilled at bringing others along.
- You are comfortable with periodic travel to Aledade offices and ACO sites.
- You have direct clinical experience, with consideration given to quality improvement activities, participation in cost containment initiatives and other population health experiences.
- Your relevant competencies include clinical program development and improvement, analytical problem solving, project management, effective written and verbal communication, and ability to positively influence others.
- You are results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate activities to consistently meet deadlines and expectations.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
- 2+ years of experience working in a CHC and familiarity with CHC workflows, staffing, and billing required.
- CMO or CEO experience in a CHC preferred.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.