Supervisor, Document Processing (On site)
People & HR, Operations
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Iris Healthcare, powered by Aledade, Inc., is an Austin-based company offering an Advance Care Planning (ACP) program by phone and video for people facing serious medical conditions. Learn more about us and our mission: www.irishealthcare.com. We help individuals to think through what kind of medical care they want or don’t want if they were ever unable to speak for themselves. We then help them document these wishes in advance care planning documents (such as living wills, medical power of attorney forms, or advance directives).
The position is 100% onsite at our office in Austin, eight hour shift (flexible schedule)
The Supervisor, Document Processing leads, coaches, and guides the Document Processors while collaborating cross-functionally to ensure accurate CACP documents are provided to patients while meeting metrics.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
Essential Duties & Responsiblities
- Subject Matter Expert in accuracy of documents and utilizing Vida to ensure the accurate distribution of ACP documents
- Collaboration with all other departments to update workflows, technology, and hardware/postal equipment
- Oversight and Training of all ACP Document Processors in all the various workflows in Vida related to Document processing and distribution
- Coordinating of all mailroom activities as they relate to patient and practice correspondence on a daily basis
- Manage the supplies and equipment for the mailroom, escalating and ordering as needed
- Daily evaluation of the status of the document backlog, current productivity rates, and timeframes for document turnaround
- Review and assign all document handling workflows
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to problem-solve issues related to mail distribution, i.e. faxing, mailing, emailing
- Using technology to complete your day-to-day activities
- Clear communication skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Promotes a team-based approach and badge less completion of tasks
- Ability to to lift up to 20lbs
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum one year of leadership experience, two years preferred
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.