Radford, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Family Health Clinic, Inc.
600 Randolph Street Radford VA 24141
Family Health is a locally owned company providing excellent care to our wonderful patients. We are passionate about taking care of our patients. We are looking for a compassionate and caring Laboratory Technician to join our family.
Salary ~$15.00-20.00 an hour
Benefits after 90-day Supply
- Health/ Dental Insurance paid by the employer.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Short-Term/ Long-Term Disability
- All aspects of the lab operation are managed primarily by the lab tech and are overseen by the physicians and/or providers. This is a very busy, demanding position that requires detailed attention to policy, procedure and OSHA guidelines and HIPAA regulations regarding privacy.
- Monitor all equipment for quality control
- Physician / provider ordered patient specimen collections (blood, urine)
- In house lab testing
- Check patient insurance carrier to determine if in house labs are approved or if specimen must be sent to reference lab
- Complete all forms required to be sent with specimen transfer is required
- Inform patient of results as instructed by physician / provider
- Clean and stock with supplies
- Follow up on any results not returned from reference lab in a timely manner
- Order supplies as needed Monthly, bi-annually and annual testing, evaluation and record keeping of quality controls on all equipment and lab kits
- Proficiency testing Update and maintain CLIA requirements
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.