Physician Assistant- Stone Run Family
rising sun, md, usa
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Practice Name: Stone Run Family Medicine www.stonerunfamilymedicine.com
Location: Rising Sun, MD
Position: Physician Assistant, Family Medicine, outpatient
Practice Information: Independent, outpatient only, well established practice in northeastern Maryland seeking 1 physician assistant to join 1 MD/1 PA.
Geographic Information: Rising Sun (population 2,773) is a residential community and business hub, located in northeastern Maryland on a rural stretch along I-95, one hour from Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA, and Lancaster, PA. Our office is 15-30 minutes from multiple river and Chesapeake Bay access points, with hiking trails, small towns, and farms all nearby. (Think: uncongested commuting 😊)
Our practice: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that provides consistently competent and timely patient care, cultivates provider skills, fosters creativity, nurtures teamwork, and allows for sustained personal well-being. Stone Run has received several awards as an advanced care practice, has been part of several advanced primary care initiatives. Patient centered whole person care is maintained with provider centric workflows. We have many community resource promotions, including one featured in the Family Practice Management March 2019 journal. We were awarded a $200K grant from the Maryland Community Health Resources Commission to build mutual support tables for those with multiple needs, utilizing volunteer community and social and relational networks to provide support that transcends traditional safety net programs.
Job Description and Qualifications:
- Outpatient community Family Medicine, newborn to geriatrics, preventive, chronic care and acute visits, including minor office-based surgeries and procedures, joint injections, DOT physicals (house calls as desired).
- Productivity bonus semiannually starting second year: 33% of attributable income in excess of expenses
- Average 22 patients per 7 hours of scheduled patients (full day)
- 32.5 patient hours average week 8:30 am-5pm with whole day off every other week
- Maryland State licensure as a Physician Assistant, National certification by one of the Physician Assistant certifying bodies (i.e. NCCPA), DEA license with no restrictions. Our advanced care independent practice ensures agile decision making. Practice opportunity highlights include:
- Point-of care EKG, PFT, audiometry, vaccinations, DOT physicals, ear lavage, strep/influenza/COVID, Urine testing, MoCA testing.
- On site phlebotomy, ultrasound, heart monitor placement
- Imbedded office-based IT and systems support providing for streamlined workflow; Allscripts Veradym EMR
- Primary supporter and staffer for Clinica Medica Primaria de Rising Sun, a charitable care clinic serving the local needy Hispanic population, located at our site
- Utilizing services from 3 hospital systems, 30 minutes from world class tertiary care
- Care manager support within PCMH structure (you don’t have to act like a social worker 😊)
- Daily care management/staff rounds
Offer Information (All benefits negotiable):
- Vacation: 4 weeks PTO
- Sick time: As needed CME: 1 week required; more as needed
- Health & Dental Insurance: Provided with family coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance: Provided
- Malpractice Insurance: Provided with $1,000,000 - $3,000,000 coverage
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.