Richmond, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Position: Medical Assistant
WellcomeMD, a thriving concierge medical in search of an experienced, knowledgeable and reliable Medical Assistant. We are looking for a professional who believes that patients should be priority and who understands the value of compassionate service
- Perform venipuncture and finger sticks (as needed)
- Perform both clinical and some administrative duties as required.
- Speak with patients in a welcoming tone with efficient customer service skills.
- Be friendly, courteous and sympathetic when it comes to working with patients
- Keep your workstation well-organized at all times
- Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment
- Ensure office/work area remains tidy, clean, organized and free of clutter.
- Update and maintain all client records.
- Maintain medical inventory
- Order medical supplies as needed
- Assist with medical exams – Vitals, Eye Exam, Hearing test, etc.
- Perform EKG’s
- Set up exam rooms for procedures as needed
- Clean, prepare and stock all exam rooms
- Manage quality controls
- Assist the physician with patient care management
- Schedule patient specialists’ appointments
- Assist patients with check in/check out
- Obtain referrals and prior authorizations as needed
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Addressing patient calls, email’s and portal messages in a timely manner
- Managing the physician’s schedules to ensure they stay on time
- Scanning of documents, faxes, medical records, etc. as needed.
- Address and assist with front desk duties
- Assist in other clinical duties as needed
- Provide support to the team and needed
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant
- Knowledge of medical office systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- MA Certification
- High level of customer service skills and professionalism
- Problem-solving skills.
- Team Player
- Dependable and Reliable
Reporting and other expectations:
- This position will report to the office manager. WellcomeMD office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This is a non-smoking environment.
- For more information about WellcomeMD please visit our website at www.wellcomeMD.com.
- Job Type: Full-time
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.