Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
McCook, NE, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Location: McCook Family Clinic
Position: Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
SUMMARY: The Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse is responsible for providing comprehensive health care in collaborative joint practice with a primary care physician to patients and/or family members; promotes wellness, prevention of health problems, maintenance of current health; assists with care of patients with chronic and acute illness.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education as required by the Department of Health and Human Services-Regulation and Licensure Credentialing Division as represented by Physician Assistant or APRN licensure in the State of Nebraska; graduation from an approved program; ability to cope with stress in a positive manner; flexibility, independence, and empathy and good communication skills.
Physical guidelines include ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patients in arising from exam table, push wheelchair patients, and assist patients in arising from and returning to wheelchair.
NOTE: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
- Comply with all policies, procedures of the McCook Clinic, P. C.
- Comply with all state and federal regulations concerning the delivery and billing for health-related services.
- Perform department duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide coordinated, continuous health care.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic medical problems.
- Order diagnostic lab and x-rays as indicated.
- Consult with physician when deemed necessary.
- Record accurately all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical, diagnosis and treatment.
- Request and evaluate diagnostic studies as indicated by patient status and practice protocol.
- Refer to specialist when deemed necessary in accordance with clinic policy.
- Provide health information to patients in accordance with clinic policy.
- Maintain current CPR and ACLS certification.
- Teach and support positive self-care activities including problem-solving and selection of treatment alternatives.
- Initiate recommended changes in the practice and delivery system.
- Participate in appropriate professional associations/clinic committees.
- Act as a resource to other health team members; plan, implement and evaluate related continuing education.
- Act as a resource to conduct and coordinate pertinent clinical research in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Order any and all diagnostic tests, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by symptoms or illness of patient.
- Provide coverage at outreach clinic sites as assigned.
- Provide day call coverage as assigned.
- Provide additional duties as assigned.
Compensation/Hours of Work:
- Compensation will be determined by experience as well as many other factors and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Hours of work will include clinic hours as well as potential for Emergency Room shifts during the weekday, weekends, overnight, etc. This will all be detailed and discussed during the interview process
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.