Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Location: Family Medicine at Greenhill
Position: Family Physician
Family Medicine at Greenhill (FMAG), a practice of 12 physicians and mid-levels, serving the city and suburban areas of Wilmington for forty years, is currently seeking a Board- Certified Family Physician to care for a panel of primary care patients. Patients may be seen in one of our two Wilmington offices. The Physician will provide preventive and acute care as well as manage chronic diseases and some office-based procedures. Patients range in age from newborn to elderly, and we try to match the panel of patients with the interests and skills of each physician.
WHAT MAKES FAMILY MEDICINE AT GREENHILL DIFFERENT? Assigned staff to assist with Administrative Burden and Care Coordination: Many physicians have become frustrated with the increasing administrative burdens, spending hours each day entering data into the EHR, completing forms, doing refills and returning phone calls. We believe that physicians should diagnose problems and treat patients and not be bogged down with administrative work.
At FMAG, each physician has a care management nurse to address patients’ questions and concerns and deal with refills and other requests between visits, as well as clerical staff to complete preauthorization and other forms. Also, each physician has the opportunity to have a scribe to write visit notes and retrieve data from the EHR during the visit, while the physician talks to the patient. We believe that physicians are happier and more productive when they spend more time being physicians and less time being data-entry clerks.
Access to Care: Our philosophy is to be as available to patients as possible, especially to populations that are more vulnerable and needy. So we offer early morning and early evening appointments as well as Saturday morning appointments and telemedicine appointments. We also offer daily walk-in slots to our patients where no appointment is needed.
Social Worker on Staff: We believe in the importance of meeting patient’s mental health needs. So, we have hired a social worker who does counseling for our patients as well as assists with patients’ social problems and needs.
- Provide office based primary care to a panel of patients of all ages.
- See patients of other clinicians’ panels as needed.
- Some early mornings and/or early evenings, occasional Saturday mornings (four times per year or less).
- Take telephone call once per week starting at 7 pm, and four to five weekends per year (weekend calls are only as backup to nurse who takes the first call).
- Work collaboratively with team, including physicians, social worker, nurses, medical assistants, clerical staff, scribes, and managers.
- Board Certified (or Board Eligible with plans to become Certified) in Family Medicine and current licensure to practice in the state of Delaware
- Current unencumbered DEA and Delaware controlled substance license
- Experience with an electronic health record system (EHR)
- Bilingual a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a team of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, and other staff to provide quality patient care.
- Philosophically aligned to goals of high quality, high value care
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.