Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Location: Family Medicine At Greenhill
Position: Physician Assistant
Family Medicine at Greenhill (FMAG) is currently seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to care for a panel of primary care patients. Patients may be seen in one of our Wilmington two offices. The Physician Assistant will provide preventive and sick care as well as manage chronic diseases and some office-based procedures. Patients range from newborn to elderly, and we try to match the panel of patients with the interests and skills of each clinician.
WHAT MAKES FAMILY MEDICINE AT GREENHILL DIFFERENT?
Assigned staff to assist with Administrative Burden and Care Coordination: Many physician assistants have become frustrated with the increasing administrative burdens, spending hours each day entering data into the EHR, completing forms, doing refills and returning phone calls. At FMAG we believe that clinicians should diagnose problems and treat patients and not be bogged down with administrative work.
At FMAG, each clinician has a care management nurse to address patients’ questions and concerns and deal with refills and other requests, as well as clerical staff to complete preauthorization and other forms. Also, each clinician has the opportunity to have a scribe to write visit notes and retrieve data from the EHR while the clinician talks to the patient. We believe that clinicians are happier and more productive when they spend more time being clinicians and less time being data-entry clerks.
Access to Care: Our philosophy is to be as available to patients as possible, especially to populations that are more vulnerable and needy. So we offer early morning and early evening appointments as well as Saturday morning appointments and telemedicine appointments. We also offer daily walk-in slots where no appointment is needed.
Social Worker on Staff: We believe in the importance of meeting patient’s mental health needs. So we have hired a social worker who does counseling for our patients as well as assists with patients’ social problems and needs.
- Provide office based primary care to a panel of patients of all ages.
- See patients of other clinicians’ panels as needed.
- Some early mornings and/or early evenings, and Saturday mornings once per month or less.
- Possibly provide primary care to homebound patients, depending on practice needs and employee’s experience and interests.
- Work collaboratively with team, including physicians, social worker, nurses, medical assistants, clerical staff, scribes, and managers.
- Graduation from an Accredited Physician Assistant Program and current licensure to practice in the state of Delaware
- Current unencumbered DEA and Delaware controlled substance license
- Minimum two years’ experience in a primary care or comparable care setting
- Home visit experience a plus o Experience with an electronic health record system (EHR)
- Bilingual a plus o Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team of nurses, medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians to provide quality patient care.
- Philosophically aligned to goals of high quality, high value care
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.