Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Madisonville, TN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Location: Chota Community Health Services
Position: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Salary Range: $90,000.00 Annually Onwards
Position Summary: A Registered Nurse who has a Master’s of Science in Nursing who will function in an expanded role providing psychiatric mental health services, including substance use disorder services under approved medical protocols and in conjunction with medical and psychiatric providers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a condition of employment, the healthcare provider will undertake to provide covered services, including emergency treatment, to a health center patient within the approved scope of project of CCHS, and to any individual who is not a patient of CCHS when asked, called upon, or undertakes, at or near any CCHS location and as a result of a non-CCHS patient's emergency situation, to temporarily treat or assist in treating that non-health center patient.
- Participate in Patient Centered Medical Home Care Team collaboration
- Functions under approved medical protocols. Adheres to policies and procedures. Uses assessment to identify risk factors, care needs, education needs, and referral need of the client.
- Provides patient and family teaching in the clinic site. Evaluates patient responses to education endeavors.
- Uses nursing diagnosis and accepted classification system diagnosis to express conclusions about clients’ actual and potential health, mental health, and substance use disorder problems.
- Collaborates with other health professionals and assists with appropriate referral processes,
- Acts as a consultant to medical and nursing staff as requested. Participates in staff development projects.
- Promotes standards for care in the community.
- Continues professional development by attending seminars and conferences.
- Maintains records and appropriate documentation regarding practice activities.
- Provides medical, psychiatric, and substance use disorder management of selected clients using evidence based practice guidelines.
- Performs initial and interim physical, psychiatric, substance use, and social assessments.
- Manages and treats mental health disorders, including substance use disorders.
- Orders and performs lab tests as appropriate.
- Properly supervise nurse practitioner students to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others
- Attend monthly staff meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Tennessee Licensure
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner graduate of a certified program/Master’s of Science in Nursing Completion of training program
- Continued Medical Education
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of medical procedures and approved medical practices
- Ability to multi-task and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to operate personal computer and navigate medical software programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass pre-employment drug screenings and background check. Applicants must not be excluded from participation in Medicare or Medicaid and all other Federal Healthcare Programs. Chota Community Health Services is an equal opportunity employer who complies with applicable State and Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.