Director, Performance Improvement, Equity, and Inclusion, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Aledade is seeking a Director of Performance Improvement, Equity & Inclusion to lead the development and implementation of an organization-wide equity and inclusion strategy, which will include both internal employee facing initiatives as well as our external health equity focused initiatives. This position will report directly to the VP, Equity & Inclusion.
The Director will enhance systems and build processes for strong operational execution of evidence backed, data driven initiatives. They will lead investigative data analysis, evaluation of processes and complex challenges, and propose effective solutions. This role will work to create a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability, with strong performance improvement expertise that drives measurable change. They will collaborate with cross functional leadership to drive continuous improvement of our internal and external strategy to deliver on our commitment to equity and inclusion.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the US or from our HQ office in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide direct leadership, oversight and accountability for the operational effectiveness of the equity and inclusion strategy, including internal equity & inclusion efforts and external health equity promotion.
- Build and maintain an equity and inclusion roadmap, taking ownership to assure continuous alignment with broader business objectives and goals.
- Develop and manage program timelines with regard to deliverables and milestones, with a firm understanding of long-range program goals and institutional relationships.
- Partner with product, technology, and analytics to identify opportunities and gaps, develop performance metrics, and track outcomes.
- Create reports, recommendations to improve performance, and presentations in support of making health equity performance visible and applicable to diverse internal and external audiences.
- Establish and hard-wire a culture of continuous improvement with matrix partners at all levels of the organization.
- Drive execution of initiatives and programs via strategic stakeholder management with internal and external partners.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required
- Lean Six Sigma/ Program or Project Management certification
- 12+ years of progressive working experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience in value based care environment focused on quality/performance improvement
- Experience in stakeholder management with a proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders on cross-functional teams adapting voice and content as appropriate for each audience
- Ability to delegate where appropriate (holding owners accountable, anticipating roadblocks early in the process and working to remove them) and lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented in planning and executing diverse tasks with the ability to use independent judgment and work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience and a high level of ownership
- Facility leveraging data and developing insights for decision-making: using quantitative and qualitative data to validate/invalidate assumptions and prioritize where to invest resources for maximum impact
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and evaluating initiatives and projects that result in a measurable improvements to meet organizational goals
- Experience driving continuous improvement cycles using lean and agile methodologies
- Equity and Inclusion skillset with a firm understanding of cultural competency, public health, and population health principles and practices
- Experience with matrix organizations, business projects, multi-disciplinary teams and strategic change management projects
- Demonstrated experience in building strong partnerships both internally and externally including with culturally and ethnically diverse populations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation/ presentation
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, strategic and innovative thinking, an ability to persuade and influence, possessing professional presence and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.