Billings, MT, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Location: Greater Good Health (Billings, Missoula & Great Falls- Montana)
Position: Physician Lead
Who is Greater Good Health?
Across the United States, the 65+ population continues to increase rapidly while the number of physicians focused on primary care is declining significantly. In fact, it is expected that the shortage of PCPs will reach over 120,000 by 2030. To meet the needs of an aging population and combat declining access to care, Greater Good Health is opening three nurse practitioner-led primary care clinics in Montana. Our first clinics will be in Billings, Great Falls, and Missoula.
Our mission is to expand access to whole-person, value-based primary care for Medicare beneficiaries through a Nurse Practitioner-led care model. In Montana, we have an incredible opportunity to address significant healthcare access concerns and support seniors desperately in need of senior-focused, preventive care.
What is the role of the Lead Physician?
The Physician Lead in partnership with their operational dyad partners, will lead the establishment of Greater Good Health’s Primary Care clinics opening in the Fall of 2023 in the communities of Great Falls, Billings and Missoula Montana. The role will be responsible for medical leadership and clinical oversight of GGH Nurse Practitioners, helping to shape an exceptional care delivery experience for both GGH clinicians and senior patients. The physician will be responsible for supporting NPs and the care team in managing their patient panels, serving as a clinical leader, mentor, and coach. The physician is a key member of both the care team and leadership team and exhibits a knowledge and passion for value-based care delivery and serves as a champion to implement the evolution of a full risk model of care.
- Build a strong clinical care model foundational to support scale and growth
- Drive clinical quality and safety to ensure high-quality patient care
- Provide oversight, escalation, coaching, and mentorship to Nurse Practitioners
- Focus on outstanding patient experience as reflected in patient experience scores.
- Expected to communicate and collaborate with specialists in network, build strong relationships in the community, representing GGH brand and mission.
- Promote and support a premier patient and team member experience.
- Willingness to travel across Montana market, visiting other GGH clinics and travel to GGH Headquarters as needed.
- Facilitates and/or participates in Clinical Review meetings, Quality Improvement Program, team huddles, and other clinic meetings as needed.
- Participate in on-call coverage rotation, as clinical escalation (up to 10 weeks per year, shared across MT providers)
Credentials and Education:
- Active MD or DO license in the state of Montana (Required)
- CPR/BLS Certification (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority by the MT state board and DEA License (Required)
- Valid Montana Driver’s License (Required)
- Practice in Primary Care and clinic management 10+ years (Required)
- Prior experience overseeing Nurse Practitioners 7+ years (Required)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience (Required)
- Telehealth experience (Required)
- Board Certification (Required)
- Eligible for Medicare/Medicaid: Practitioner demonstrates current eligibility for participation in Medicare/Medicaid (Required)
What’s in it for you here at Greater Good Health:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K program
Email your resume to email@example.com
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.