Medical Assistant (MA) - Rheumatology
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Location: Carolina Health Specialists
Position: Medical Assistant (MA) - Rheumatology
Medical Assistant needed for Rheumatology practice in Myrtle Beach. Background in Rheumatology preferred.
Must have excellent computer and customer service skills.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am- 5pm. No weekends! Great pay and benefits!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for providing professional clinical care to clinic patients under supervision of physicians and Patient/Clinical Services Manager. May be required to travel between offices as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Office Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
REQUIREMENTS: Certification or Nursing license required upon hire, as well as continuance of certification/license during employment.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of office and exam room. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Assesses patient's general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
- Assists physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
- Review all patient cases and acknowledge request accordingly.
- Action note should be updated in case before closing.
- Review all cases created for providers at office location.
- Patient request for call backs should be handled promptly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory at a minimum and place medical supply orders as needed.
- Keep patient’s rooms fully stocked and cleaning log up to date.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and to lift 100 pounds.
- Occasional stress from workload.
- Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, and fax.
- Must be able to use medical equipment including stethoscope, EKG machine, ear washing equipment, speculums, scales, blood pressure cuff.
- This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.