Clinical Specialist, Risk Stratification, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Specialist, Risk Stratification. This role is responsible for leading practice clinical innovation and transformation in collaboration with Aledade market leaders and clinical leads in primary care practices. The primary goals are to optimize clinical and quality outcomes as well as avoid unnecessary costs within defined populations (e.g., patients with uncontrolled hypertension or patients with uncontrolled diabetes).
- Manage assigned clinical documentation projects and initiatives to support partner practices success in value-based care for identified populations
- Use an evidence-based, data-driven approach to effect the adoption of clinical documentation for outcome success.
- Use clinical process measures and outcome data to execute action plans aimed at impacting population health improvement and health disparity reduction
- Mentor, coach, and collaborate with key practice team members to execute clinical documentation and risk stratification strategies
- Share information to inform the product roadmap for clinical documentation initiatives related to risk stratification and population health
- Bachelor's degree in nursing with the degree from a nursing accredited college or university. Master’s degree in nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (e.g., Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner) is preferred
- 7+ years of registered nursing experience
- Coding certification required
- 3+ years of risk stratification experience required
- 3+ years clinical documentation experience
- Registered nurse or ARNP/PA who thrives in a fast paced environment and removes roadblocks and obstacles to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven ability to lead, coordinate, and facilitate new ideas into action
- Willingness to travel as needed to Aledade’s headquarters or markets
- Strong understanding of value-based care principles
- Solution-oriented individual who can assist in creating tactical clinical innovation then translate those solutions to care teams (including executives, practice managers, clinic and system owners, nurses, and all ancillary care team members) to execute towards delivering population health results
- Excellent communicator who can articulate the impact of clinical innovation and transformation initiatives to Aledade ACO member practices and their key staff (e.g., nurses/other clinicians, care managers, etc.), and internally within the company.
- Ability to use insights from clinical, quality, and cost data to inform clinical innovation and transformation and proactively address opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively across Aledade clinical and non-clinical teams to gain buy-in and implement key clinical documentation innovation initiatives
- Ability to work with diverse populations with a passion for health equity and eliminating health disparities
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.