Pottsville, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Location: Integrated Medical Group, PC
Position: Ophthalmology Technician
Goals: Responsible for assisting in the supervision and coordination of the daily activities of the technical staff
- Participate in interviewing and training of technical staff
- Responsible for initiating disciplinary action, via the administrator, for technical staff
- Prepare recommendations for technical staff evaluations and turn into administrator for finalization
- Have final approval of technical staff vacation requests and overtime
- Make daily adjustments to technician schedule, as needed
- Oversee equipment upgrades or repairs and/or coordinate with the administrator
- Write memos needed for staff communications and copy to administrator
- Delegate extra duties to specific personnel (supplies ordering, equipment back up, etc.)
- Research staff education materials, seminars, etc.
- Assist administrator in preparing agenda for tech meeting
- Coordinate with administrator resolutions to patient concerns
- Take care of doctor requests/complaints on floor (temperatures, techs, work ups, etc.)
- Coordinate with front desk supervisor and other supervisors to ensure efficiencies with doctor schedules (approve changes, check short coverage’s, assist with patient flow)
- Collaborate to devise new forms (new patient forms, diagnostic instruments, etc.)
- Maintain good rapport with various pharmaceutical representatives with regard to new products literature, etc. for doctors/office; coordinate informational lunches, etc.
- Obtain patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications. Acquaint new patients that you encounter with the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks to include measuring and recording of: visual acuity, measure and record glasses, manifest refraction for distance and near vision, tonometry, pupils, Schirmer testing, prism, dilate patient, color screening, administer Humphrey and Goldman visual fields, HRT, OCT, auto refraction, biometry, glare testing, and fundus/external photography
- Assist in the performance of complex clinical procedures requiring special assistance. Involved in direct patient care to include: changing of dressing, instilling eye drops and ointments. Administer oral medications and instruct in home care. Clean, insert and remove patient’s contact lenses.
- Assist physicians with minor surgeries and laser procedures
- Participate in EMR/HER evaluation and implementation
- Perform all duties of Certified Ophthalmic Technician
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of COA
- Post high school education
- Previous experience preferred
- Knowledge of organizational policies and practices of the office including privacy laws
- Knowledge of scheduling techniques
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, physicians, organizations, and the public
- Ability to identify and solve problems, correct errors under stressful conditions
- Work effectively with patients, physicians, and coworkers
- Follow Integrated Medical Group P.C.'s policy and procedures.
- Requires mobility, sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Requires manual and physical dexterity with assisting patients with mobility.
Please reach out to Dr. Nathan Tiedeken and Dr. Jason Phillips at 570-622-5455 for more information.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.