forest, va, usa
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Location: Access Healthcare Multi-Specialty Group
Position: Radiology Tech
Performing accurate diagnostic procedures on patients takes a reassuring approach, technical skills, and state-of-the-art equipment. At AHMG, our team provides quality technical procedures in a forward-thinking environment. AHMG offers comprehensive benefits and paid time off. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the community we serve.
The Radiographic Technologist performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis of patients of all ages.
Work requires strenuous physical activity including frequent heavy lifting, pushing, bending, climbing, or walking
The job duties of the Rad Tech include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assesses patients appropriately for the procedures ordered prior to, during, and after procedures according to Imaging Services/ Departmental Guidelines.
- Operates highly specialized equipment, including radiographic, CR (Computed Radiography), DR (Digital Radiography), and PACS (Picture Archive Communication System).
- Positions patients to obtain quality images. Performs IV contrast injections, urinary catheterizations, and/or other skills as required.
- Perform duties associated with RIS (Radiology Information System) and electronic medical records.
- Participates in the training of students and staff as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Experience: Experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: ARRT registry or registry eligible. AHA BLS-HCP required.
- Other: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.