Accounting & Finance
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Staff Accountant
Definition: The Staff Accountant works under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer performing general accounting duties to assist the CFO.
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Working Conditions: The Staff Accountant is a salaried position and is regularly scheduled for forty hours per week, distributed over the Center’s usual hours of operation, however, it can be anticipated that some assignments will necessitate extended hours.
Training Requirements: As necessary, to keep abreast of and have a thorough understanding of current rules and regulations with regard to providing medical care assistance in a community health center.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient and employee records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting with four years general accounting experience. Healthcare background preferred.
- Proficient with Paychex, Sage, Quickbooks, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be a team player, possess a high degree of integrity and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Process/post a variety of accounting transactions such as invoices, payments, payroll, and expenses in accordance with department procedures.
- Reconcile and verify accounting data, enter data into computerized accounting system and use the system to research questions and generate reports.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile ledger accounts.
- Receive and account for cash, credit card and check payments received for services; make change; count and balance receipts as scheduled, ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain petty cash fund.
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintaining historical records of all invoices, reports, receipts and checks by saving documents properly.
- Maintain filing system for all accounting documents.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and organization policies, procedures, grants and contracts.
- Maintain agency purchase order system.
- Compile, analyze and report accounting data for management reports and decision-making purposes.
- Maintain agency purchase order system.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Process year-end 1099s.
- Assist with independent annual financial statement audit.
- Confidentiality is to be maintained at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accounting transactions are processed/posted timely and in accordance with the organization’s procedures
- All month-end reconciliations and managerial reports are completed according to established guidelines
- Accounting transactions and records are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, organizational policies and procedures and contract grant requirements.
- Excellent customer service
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.