Vice President, Patient Engagement, Remote
El Paso, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The VP of Patient Engagement will lead and manage the patient engagement team (including 100+ patient engagement professionals spanning synchronous call center and other asynchronous marketing modalities), develop and execute patient engagement strategies across operations and technology, and measure the impact of patient engagement programs.
Own performance metrics, tirelessly focused on driving “conversion rate” in a patient-centered way:
- Set and manage performance against key metrics, especially conversion rate but also designing, establishing, and setting key consequential performance indicators including reach rate, “no show” rates, unit costs, and patient and employee NPS — always ensuring measurement remains aligned with Aledade’s North Star objectives.
- Foster a data-driven, “test-and-learn” culture for continuous rapid-cycle improvement through A/B testing, randomized control trials, and other study designs, partnering with our impact analytics research team.
Serve as the single-threaded owner of our patient engagement strategy:
- Build effortless integration with the downstream “service delivery” team that delivers the clinical programs to patients after the patient engagement team sells them. Develop and grow a care navigation capability.
- Develop multi-modal approaches to patient engagement that combine synchronous (call) and asynchronous (text, mail, email, IVR, etc.) modalities in a seamless patient experience.
- Evaluate build vs. buy opportunities that best set the team up for success.
- Prioritize competing needs across a variety of diverse stakeholders including internal customers, Aledade’s primary care practice partners, patients, and the patient engagement team.
- Provide thought partnership and leadership across senior leadership to keep all parties informed of current opportunities, best practices, voice of the patient, and challenges in order to facilitate the design of strategies that consistently position Aledade Plus to capture the future.
Build and lead a world-class team of patient engagement professionals:
- Develop, champion, live, and manage to guiding principles that streamline decision-making in an environment with competing needs across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Build organizational structure that enables high performance while providing pathway for high performing team members, including leadership, mentorship, and development opportunities.
- Define workflows, policies, and approaches, clearly communicating with the team to ensure their engagement in our success.
- Foster a culture of empathy, inclusivity, integrity, optimistic warmth, and continuous improvement within the team. Build a patient engagement contact center that feels differentiated from traditional “call center” environments all with the goal of building trust, focus and enthusiasm for the team to surpass expectations on KPIs.
Inform technology strategy to develop an advanced tech stack that drives team efficiency:
- Advise and guide a team of technology professionals in the building of a highly tech-enabled process for patient engagement, including iteration on our homegrown patient engagement platform, Vida.
- Automate work wherever possible, allowing our team to operate at “top of scope.”
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years of progressive experience in management roles overseeing medium-to-large teams of 30+, including contact center experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; critical thinking skills
- Passion for and understanding of patient engagement technologies, healthcare systems, and industry best practices
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills — both managing up and down.
- Relentless focus on data, using numbers to guide strategic decisions.
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance and privacy regulations as well as wage and hour laws related to non-exempt employees
- Commitment to patient-centered care and improving the patient experience.
- Masters degree in public health, business administration, industrial and operational engineering, or similar.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Remote work position, but 10% travel expected (and attendance welcome at any of our offices in Bethesda, MD; New York, NY; Austin, TX; Palo Alto, CA; or Durham, NC.)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.