Pharmacy Technician, Remote
Germantown, MD, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care.
This position is a remote position in Maryland.
We are actively recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician to join the team. This person will support the Aledade practices participating in the Maryland Primary Care Physician (MDPCP) CTO. The Pharmacy Technician will report directly to the Pharmacist who supports the MDPCP CTO. If you’re a Pharmacy Technician and had those moments where you can clearly connect the good work you do with providing great care to people who need it, the Pharmacy Technician at Aledade is the fit for you.
Specifically, the Pharmacy Technician will lead the Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) under the guidance of the Pharmacist. This includes helping patients complete the applications, working with offices to get the application submitted, following up with the patient to ensure they receive the medication and renewing the PAP medication when necessary. The Pharmacy Technician will also obtain medication lists, make follow up calls to the patient, make calls to their primary care physician office, place reminder calls for medication pick up and complete check ins on adherence and other plans as set by the Pharmacist.
- Telephonic outreach to patients to obtain medication information, including but not limited to post discharge, hypertension and diabetes.
- Lead PAP Program
- Engage with internal and external business entities to coordinate all patient-related needs, such as assisting patient with refills and/or medication delivery.
- Place reminder and follow up calls to patients, including information such as what to expect when the Pharmacist calls them, when their next PCP appointment is and when they need to get updated labwork.
- Follow up with patient on adherence and medication plans set by Pharmacist.
- Establish relationships, gather input and facilitate communication amongst key stakeholders
- 1+ years of experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Highly organized individual
- Experience incorporating health literacy into daily work with patients
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Able to work with multiple applications to provide seamless experience for the patient.
- Effective collaboration skills across teams
- A positive, proactive attitude with a passion for customer service
- Self-motivated individual, comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability and comfort with tackling and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard
- Basic understanding of Medicare, STAR ratings
- Inbound/outbound call experience in any pharmacy setting
- Ability to adapt to various EHRs and other software applications such as Tableau
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.