Manager, Practice Engagement, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Aledade is seeking a Manger of Practice Engagement to support the development and scaling of new programs and services within practices and markets to drive increased savings for our ACOs and improved health outcomes for patients.
In collaboration with their Director, the Manager of Practice Engagement will engage with project teams across the organization to support market and field engagement during new initiative roll outs and program launches. The ideal candidate will be an essential advocate for the field, as well as a partner and conduit between project and field teams, ensuring markets have the information and resources they need to successfully support innovation and practice rollouts.
A successful candidate will have a passion for customer service as well as expertise in primary care practice operations, with a strong understanding of the drivers of success in various value-based contract structures. This role requires strong attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as comfort developing and delivering proactive, accurate, and helpful communications when engaging across project and field teams.
- Manage the implementation of established practice engagement strategies, executing the post-leadership field and practice engagement for each assigned innovation project. Independently ensuring that all relevant information, resources, and processes are established and executed on for project success.
- Participate in project team meetings and market meetings to provide expertise and operational support as it relates to ensuring project success with practice operations and field/practice engagement.
- Develop and maintain project-specific tracking structures, programmatic resources and communications; collaborating across stakeholder groups to ensure accuracy and alignment to achieve project goals.
- Build domain expertise in assigned innovation projects; leveraging this expertise to be a strong partner to field and project teams to drive support continuous improvement and innovation. Identify and execute against barriers or opportunities to increase project success.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in roles like client solutions, customer success, professional services, or operations at a healthcare services or healthcare tech company
- Strong preference for experience supporting technical solutions and practice engagement in primary care in value-based care contracts
- Clear and effective communicator; experience translating organizational priorities to varying levels of stakeholders, leveraging patient, practice, clinical and financial/operational value messages
- Excellent project management skills; able to support and execute deliverables across multiple projects. Track record of managing projects to completion
- Capable collaborator; comfortable navigating ambiguous environments and working with stakeholders with varied priorities towards common goals
- Strong listening skills, to understand customers and diagnose problems/needs
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
- Comfort working cross-functionally in a matrixed environment experience; leading by influence to engage colleagues to environment to drive project execution
- Data analytics skills; experience using data platforms (such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, etc) with an ability to connect disparate data streams/sources and develop compelling analysis and reporting
- Experience working in healthcare practice setting and/or with Physicians/NPs/PAs; including training health care staff on new technological or operational workflows and/or working in performance/quality improvement
- Experience developing presentations and drafting external-facing communications for varied stakeholder audiences
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.