Lake City, FL, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Location: Randolph Medical Practice PA
Position: Medical Receptionist
We are looking to hire a medical receptionist with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Medical receptionists are expected to be compassionate and discrete with superb time management and record-keeping skills.
To ensure success, medical receptionists should be confident and professional administrators with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors, and patients.
- Maintain business inventory such as checking supplies, scheduling equipment, and maintenance repairs.
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Adhere to policy and procedures during all activates.
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made timeously.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Complete accurate documentation of patient visits.
Medical Receptionist Requirements:
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a medical receptionist role (preferred).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD, and CPT coding (highly advantageous).
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills.
- Passionate about healthcare excellence.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.