Advance Practice Registered Nurse
cherokee village, ar, usa
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Location: Internal Medicine Diagnostics
Position: Advance Practice Registered Nurse
Job Summary: An APRN provides a wide range of care services to patients. APRNs maintain patient records; perform physical exams; order or perform diagnostic tests; prescribe medications; develop treatment plans; and treat acute and chronic illnesses, conditions and injuries that fall under their scope.
Physical Demands: Requires medium work, including continuous strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting as well as performing work activities which require fine manual dexterity, typing and writing.
- Developing treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases
- Educating and guiding patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Understanding the changes in health promotion throughout the aging process
- Conducting exams
- Performing diagnostic tests and screening evaluations
- Managing overall patient care regarding lifestyle and development issues
- Emphasizing preventative care and disease management
- Prescribing medications
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision
- Other duties as assigned by Director associated with clinic specialty
- Master’s degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have RN licensure in the state were employed or a compact party state and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- Must have 2 + years’ experience in nursing.
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Provide referrals to other practitioners when necessary 10. Knowledge of disease prevention.
- Must be able to report to work fit for duty and free of any adverse effects of illegal drugs, medical marijuana, prescription medication, and/or alcohol.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with other individuals.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.