Vice President, Pharmacy, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Aledade is recruiting for a VP of Pharmacy who will define the vision for and lead the execution of driving pharmacy strategy. This Pharmacy Leader will drive continued improvement in pharmacy related outcomes. This will encompass quality outcomes to include stars, financial opportunities, and developing a broader pharmacy strategy. This leader will utilize data to inform strategy and couple these insights to develop tools to enhance clinical and financial results.
This role will be an integral part of the Strategy and Priority Leadership Team tasked with informing the company’s overall strategic direction.
- Accountable for all aspects of Pharmacy performance and strategy for Aledade
- Establish priorities and strategies for clinical programs, quality measures, and other patient-centered value programs adhering to industry standards, benchmarks (e.g. HEDIS, Stars, etc.), and contract requirements to drive success across Aledade’s portfolio of contract types and populations (Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial).
- Lead a specialized team of pharmacists to strengthen the capacity and performance of Aledade’s field teams.
- Develop strategic relationships with senior leaders within the organization as well as external partners including field team leadership, product, practices, and payers to advance combined strategic goals.
- 15+ years of strategic and operational leadership experience in a value-based care, population health management, or other health care setting
- 10+ years of management experience (including managing leaders)
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree
- Licensure in state of residence
- Ability to create plans, socialize them and work with stakeholders to gain buy-in and support for the implementation of new and existing products and initiatives
- Experience managing growing teams, coaching for performance, and leading teams to results
- Strong foundation in value-based care principles with a clinical lens, and proven leadership
- Ability to span from high level strategy to tactical work required to deliver results
- Strong vision and belief in tech-enablement of the company’s products to enable consistent results at scale and reduced operating costs
- Data sophistication - the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to inform action plan and strategy
- A deep understanding of the systems of pharmacy, related spend, and overall clinical quality
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.