Medical Assistant (RMA, CMA)
Wilmington, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Location: Dawson Med & Urgent Care
Position: Medical Assistant (RMA, CMA)
Primary Accountabilities: The Medical Assistant position is responsible for providing support and assistance to assigned provider and clinic department.
Work Environment: This job operates in a clinic environment. This role is routinely exposed to common health care conditions, smells, noises, chemicals and such. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
- Prep patient Charts in Athena EMR
- Escort patients to the exam room and verifies patient information during the intake process.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, temperature, and reporting patient history summary.
- Assists providers during examination, performs tasks including and not limited to administering injection, removing sutures, performing lab services and other tasks as assigned.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding, procedure coding and keeping patient information confidential.
- Responsible for assuming the responsibilities of assigned patient cases and inbox management.
- Checks voicemails and returns calls in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Performs general office duties such as answering telephones, and front desk duties such as registration, insurance verification and scanning.
- Collects blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, logs the specimens and prepares them for testing.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and replacing supplies in exam rooms daily.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and exam rooms and disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Understanding and properly using equipment, devices, etc. in the Urgent Care and Primary Care setting.
- Obtains proper prior authorizations for medications and procedures.
- Responsible for updating usernames and passwords for all applications.
- Maintains accurate timekeeping records for all hours worked, including time off requests, vacation, and sick leave in Web pay.
- Ability to access ePHI and have a full understanding of the limitations of necessary information to complete job duties. Employees have also been advised of the “test” patients that they may access for training purposes. Employees should not access any ePHI that does not directly relate to their daily work function.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification preferred.
- Proficient in reading, writing, grammar, and mathematical skills.
- Required to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read a computer screen for an extended period.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.