Salem, OR, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Location: West Salem Family Practice
Position: Medical Scribe
POSITION SUMMARY: West Salem Family Practice has one Medical Scribe Position available: Under the general direction of the family practice provider, the Medical Scribe is responsible for scribing during and after medical visits.
As a Medical Scribe, you will participate in the successful execution of scribe services for a physician. In this position you will be required to follow and observe provider for extended periods to accurately document every aspect of every patient encounter as well as assist with the efficiency of the provider.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion or willingness to complete Basic Life Support training (CPR)
- Ability to work effectively as part of the team
- Willingness to be flexible about work assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication and listening skills
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accompany provider into patient examination room to accurately and efficiently document the encounter.
- Exhibit excellence in medical terminology and billing & coding knowledge in all documentation.
- Document the time and reasoning for, electronically submit, patient orders including lab tests, radiology tests and medications.
- Document any procedures performed by provider.
- Successfully navigate the Electronic Medical Record (or EMR) system to input documentation.
- Multi-task efficiently and effectively as required.
- Understand and observe legal concepts (e.g. HIPAA, confidentiality).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.