Front Desk Supervisor
Software Engineering, People & HR, Operations
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Front Desk Supervisor
Definition: Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Front Desk Supervisor manages all components of the front office including the provider patient appointment system, the patient cashiering functions, supports and coordinates front desk staff, and must have billing and coding experience.
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants must have a bachelor's degree in business, or its equivalent, and one year of managerial experience. Must be knowledgeable and experienced in working with automated data systems, spreadsheets, word processing systems and scheduling techniques. Must have proven leadership ability, be a team player and possess a high degree of integrity and customer service skills. Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
Working Conditions: This is an hourly position under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Front Desk Supervisor is expected to work a scheduled 40-hour workweek from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM -5:00PM.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Directly supervises and schedules all front office personnel, manages resources such as, the patient reception area, provider and patient scheduling.
- Ensures that patients are always scheduled for providers according to established protocols when providers are scheduled to render care.
- Ensures that patients’ demographics and financial information is kept confidential and that the highest level of confidentiality is never compromised.
- Ensures that all patients are greeted and welcomed in a courteous professional manner.
- Ensures that physicians and other providers are scheduled to treat patients in accordance with the written protocols provided to the Front Desk Supervisor.
- Provides written daily, weekly and monthly reports that summarize patient activity occurring during the period by provider, other demographic data and the broken/kept appointment ratios.
- Develops and updates procedure manuals for appointments, cashier functions and other front office activities.
- Ensures that multi-user computer system is properly maintained in accordance with COO’s function guidelines and sound business practices.
- Performs cashiering functions, including the preparation of daily collection records and daily deposit slips.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provider satisfaction.
- Patient satisfaction
- Excellent customer service
- Adherence to the HJMC attendance policy. Late arrival, early departure, missed clock-ins or clock-outs, including for lunch and breaks may have a negative impact on your performance.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.