St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Location: St Louis Medical Clinic
Position: Medical Secretary
The Medical Secretary will answer al calls for the physicians taking the messages and forwarding them on. Returning the calls to the patient and calling ni any prescriptions that were prescribed by the physician. Taking care of your task que and make sure that labs are either caled, mailed or sent through the portal according to how each physician chooses. Calls and faxed need to be done before leaving for the day. Maintaining a professional and compassionate level of customer service at al times. No medical advice will be given out that does not come from the physician.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering al calls and taking of voicemail calls taking messages. Making sure the messages are complete and forwarded to the physician within 30 min of the cal.
- Appointments need to be made in accordance with the protocols made by the physician. .
- Checking your task list to make sure that all calls have been taken and returned before leaving at the end of the day.
- Lab results should be called, mailed or sent through the patient portal.
- Making sure your work schedule is not over 40 hours per week unless approved by your manager.
- Using cell phones which include any patient information is strictly prohibited.
- Referrals/ prioauths need to be done daily.
- Checking with your physician throughout the day to make sure workflow is going ok and make sure you have checked with them at the end of the day before leaving.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.