Information Technology Specialist
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Location: Henrietta Johnson Medical Center
Position: Information Technology Specialist
Definition: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Information Technology Specialist is responsible for the effective operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization. The IT Specialist serves as a technical expert for the development, implementation, management and support of systems and networks at the Henrietta Johnson Medical Center. The IT Specialist plans and carries out complex assignments and develops new methods and approaches to problem solving and ongoing support.
Team Philosophy Statement: The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Working Conditions: This is an hourly position and the incumbent is regularly scheduled to work forty (40) hours per week, distributed over the medical center’s usual hours of operation. However, it can be anticipated that some assignments will necessitate extended hours. Virtual working hours are permitted as needed with approval.
HIPAA Statement: The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Resolve routine end-user issues in a timely manner through established protocol and troubleshooting.
- Monitors systems to ensure efficient and secure operations.
- Coordinates with and develops relationships with vendors when conducting the IT business of the center.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and evaluating technology and networks to increase efficiency and predict the need for upgrades.
- Communicate and translate technical information to non-technical end users, maintain communication and monitor incidents through resolution.
- Assist with preventative maintenance within specified guidelines and procedures.
- Contribute to the documentation of IT operations incidents, internal processes and procedures, maintenance of equipment and training manuals.
- Assist in the tracking of hardware and software inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Efficient and secure hardware, software and network operations.
- Provider satisfaction.
- Patient satisfaction
- Excellent customer service
- Adherence to the HJMC attendance policy. Late arrival, early departure, missed clock-ins or clock-outs, including for lunch and breaks may have a negative impact on your performance.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Qualified applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of hardware/software systems
- Relevant experience in IT program management and systems/software pilot or roll-out projects
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.