Licensed Practical Nurse
Leland, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Location: Batish Family Medicine
Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
Standard shift: Day shift
Weekly schedule: 5x8
- Complete specific “competency skills checklist” as required and mandated for job roles within the practice.
- Assist in coordinating and conducting patient care from pre-visit through post visit; attend daily morning team meetings at assigned clinic.
- Participates in preparing patients for clinic appointments; ensures that patient’s language needs are identified and that the necessary support is available to patient throughout appointments.
- Ensure patient flow is timely and accurate throughout the clinic.
- Function in a dependent; role, or under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Administer direct hands-on patient care under the supervision/direction of supervising provider/registered nurse. Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. While interviewing patients, use self-management and motivational techniques to engage patients in self-care.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record. Provide patients with recommended web-based resources.
- Assist in gathering information about a patient's condition and use it to help doctors or other nurses create a customized health care plan to suit the patient's needs. They may also instruct a patient's family members on proper care of the patient.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician; conduct a medical reconciliation of comparing medications that patient is currently taking with medications that is about to be provided to avoid harmful interactions. Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy; Authorize drug refills as directed.
- Prepare and administer medications and injections, dress wounds, and keep patients clean, stable and comfortable.
- Prepare laboratory tests, cleaning and monitoring medical equipment, and assisting doctors with tests and procedures.
- Checks equipment daily to ensure accurate functioning.
- Preps charts in advance of patient office visit:
- Ensures chart is current on: All ordered scans; all lab work; any corresponding physician notes; Last provider note.
- Documentation of ALL activities completed will be charted within the patients’ medical record as prescribed in set practice guidelines and standard operating policies and procedures. This list includes but is not limited to:
- Vital Signs
- Physician orders
- Questionnaires /chart documentation
- Toxicity documents
- Ensure Lab/clinic/Patient Rooms area is professionally maintained.
- Stocking of all clinic areas kept at acceptable levels.
- Wiping exam tables/beds
- Replacing exam table paper
- Assists with disinfecting chairs/exam rooms between patients
- Ensure that appropriate and proper documentation of medical visit is adequately and precisely entered to patient EHR, to include assisting with documenting patient self-management goals. Assist care provider in helping patient to understanding care summaries and care plans.
- Appropriately and systematically assist with coordination of referral appointments and follow-up with referral outcome and findings using EHR; ensure that pertinent history of patient information is documented and entered in patient EHR of referral visits to specialists.
- Participate in work-flow meetings and Quality Improvement (QI) meetings to assist in continuous refining of continuity of care for patients.
- Remain current and up to date on population health data; attend in-house training and lectures to understand trends
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- LVN (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- LPN (Required)
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.