Danville, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Location: Memorial Family Care
Position: Medical Assistant
At Memorial Family Care, we provide clinical services, clerical support, and patient care in a forward-thinking environment. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities, we live in.
The Certified Medical Assistant provides basic technical clinical services and clerical support in the delivery of quality patient care as directed by licensed staff, physician or mid-level practitioner.
The CMA job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Collects patient assessment data to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint/symptoms, current medications, etc. for assessment by licensed staff.
- Transports patients through the office.
- Prepares the patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, and assisting during exams and procedures.
- Maintains work area, exam treatment and x-ray rooms and lab in a clean, safe manner; restocks with supplies and instruments; and sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
- Documents patient information in the medical record to include update treatment procedures, medication refills, test results, patient concerns, etc.
- Assists with lab procedures, including collecting urine specimens, collecting and preparing blood samples for reference lab, labeling all specimens with accurate patient ID as ordered by the physician.
- Performs diagnostic tests (EKGs, audiograms, vision testing, spirometry) as appropriate for assessment by licensed staff.
- Assists with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorization for testing and ancillary services as directed by licensed staff, provider or mid-level practitioner.
- Performs clerical and office functions as directed
- Administers oral and parenteral medications after submitting proof of appropriate education, successfully completing orientation competency validation and under the direct and immediate supervision of the physician.
- Education: Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), or comparable military training and experience preferred.
- Experience: One year experience in a physician office preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Current Medical Assistant Certification through a recognized national professional association such as, the American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists, The National Association of Healthcare Professions, the American Registry of Medical Assistants, or the National Healthcare Association. May be hired on a provisional status once the applicant receives the letter confirming they have taken the certification exam and have a provisional passing score.
- AHA BLS-HCP Certification required.
- Other: Effective communication skills in order to work with the public. Computer skills to utilize database systems to perform job duties required. Must be able to problem-solve. Keyboarding required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.