Regional Pharmacist, Remote
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care.
We are actively recruiting for a Regional Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Team. The Regional Pharmacist will report directly to the Director of Pharmacy and support him/her in various aspects of pharmacy management as it relates to multiple value-based care contracts. The Regional Pharmacist will be responsible for supporting market field teams and practices in successful performance, as well as providing implementation and operational support of pharmacy products and initiatives. The Regional Pharmacist will work directly with our payer partners to evaluate our performance, identify market needs and recommend solutions. The Regional Pharmacist will also act as a pharmacy project manager and be responsible for identification of pharmacy cost saving opportunities, support of our medication adherence efforts, development of educational resources, pharmacy data analysis, operationalization of pharmacy products, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Eligible candidates must have experience with pharmacy quality measures, pharmacy performance evaluation, an understanding of medication cost savings and the ability to problem solve efficiently. In addition, candidates will possess knowledge of medications, have excellent communication skills, display project leadership skills, be comfortable working with and analyzing pharmacy data and have experience as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Pharmacy Performance (90%)
- Evaluate market and practice-level medication adherence and drug spend performance across contracts.
- Identify areas of pharmacy opportunity, recommend and implement appropriate solutions for initiatives such as medication adherence, statin measures, and high cost medication prescribing.
- Collaborate with pharmacy analysts to identify areas of pharmacy opportunity.
- Implement pharmacy products and initiatives to drive success in each market.
- Collaborate with field teams to ensure proper implementation of pharmacy initiatives, gather feedback from providers / markets.
- Create and organize clinical content updates for market board meetings. To include market / practice performance and education on medication adherence, high value medication prescribing.
- Support the creation and dissemination of clinical call content focused on pharmacy quality (medication adherence, polypharmacy, statin use) and pharmacy cost saving initiatives. Provide current practice performance on such initiatives as well as aid in the identification of improvement solutions.
- Lead clinical and product operational updates required to practice transformation specialists.
Product Development and Support [10%]
- Support the Director of Pharmacy in the development and operationalization of key pharmacy products for success across our markets including high value prescribing, medication management programs, medication adherence and other Medicare Advantage STARS quality products.
- Monitor success of pharmacy product adoption, identifying gaps in care and opportunities for improvement and savings.
- Develop scalable pharmacy content and resources to support our pharmacy products across markets.
- Support Product/Strategy to support implementation of products / initiatives / pilots. Includes creation of various educational materials for markets, practices and patients.
- Support operations and management of Medication Management Programs
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree or Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Strong communication skills with providers and other healthcare professionals.
- In depth knowledge of medication adherence, medication spend and pharmacy quality measures.
- Experience with analyzing pharmacy data and identification of gaps in care.
- Ability to organize and articulate pharmacy performance to market and senior leaders.
- Completion of a pharmacy residency
- Knowledge of: Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP), Medicare Advantage (MA), commercial and Medicaid plans. Pharmacotherapy, pharmacy practice and ambulatory care.
- Ability to develop scalable educational pharmacy content.
- Experience with development and scale of pharmacy products.
- Ability to work with software applications including google suite
- MBA, MPH, or HSPA pharmacy residency
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.