Policy Specialist, Remote
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
We are currently recruiting for a data-oriented Policy Specialist to join our Policy team. Policy at Aledade dives into the best ACO model and sustainability of independent and community-based practices, primarily through analysis and advocacy. We use real-world data and outcomes from the practices we work with to promote primary care, value-based care, and we advocate for and show the value of independent practices. This individual contributor is the team's SME in developing evidence to inform policy through both first-hand analysis and by collaborating and leveraging the vast analytical capabilities across Aledade.
This will be a remote position from anywhere within the US, with the option to work from our Bethesda, MD or Durham, NC offices.
- Utilize publicly available data sources and internal datasets to inform business and policy strategy recommendations. Prepare reports of findings to support policy/advocacy activities of Aledade and our partner practices
- Quantify the financial impacts to health care providers and other stakeholders from proposed and finalized regulatory changes
- Project manage efforts to predict and monitor performance under the Medicare Shared Savings Program and other value models
- Provide support on articles, thought pieces, analysis, and summaries on policy developments, including legislation, executive orders, and regulations with quantitative analysis
- Provide subject matter expertise to Aledade colleagues and partner practices related to value-based care and alternative payment models
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, health policy or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of relevant work and/or internship experience OR Master’s Degree with 3 years of relevant work and/or internship experience
- Practical understanding of the health care system with regards to Medicare, primary care, and value-based care (e.g., Medicare Shared Savings Program, Physician Fee Schedule, ACOs, CMMI programs, medical economics, program modeling).
- Analytical and research skills with knowledge of at least one programming/data analysis language (Python, R, SQL, SAS, or STATA)
- Experience communicating analysis to a wide variety of stakeholders
Key to Success in this Role:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to tailor information to a variety of audiences, as well as confidence in presenting to groups
- A collaborative team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Intense attention to detail and data quality assurance; Ability to validate results and investigate abnormalities or unexpected results
- Demonstrated ability to conduct nuanced analyses to produce accurate and unbiased results and tell the story of those results in data visualizations and reports
- An adaptable multi-tasker who can manage expectations and work on several different projects at the same time
- A self-starter who can take ideas and get them started with a constant drive to make things better
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.